Practical Clinic-Based Approach:
“It has been the most remarkable and fulfilling educational experience I have ever had, because the learning is done through observing real patients and seeing how Frances diagnoses and treats them.
Every week I’m there, I learn something new whether it is about herbs or formulas or syndromes. And being at the clinic is always hugely interesting. Doing Frances’s course and learning the Jing Fang pattern diagnosis has changed the way I treat my own patients as an acupuncturist.”
Suzanne Mounter, JFA Graduate 2020, Dispensary Assistant, 2020-21
The Jing Fang Apprenticeship is a practical and clinic based approach to the study of Chinese herbal medicine. You attend weekly clinics where you observe and discuss clinical practice. Apprentices are in clinic from the beginning, and are exposed from the start to the way the Jing Fang Six Syndrome Differentiation System works in practice. You will build up gradually to treating your own patients under supervision.
- Observe the treatment of patients
- Gain hands-on experience in herb dispensing
- Bring your own cases for discussion
- Bring any questions for discussion
The Jing Fang Apprenticeship (JFA) has the use of the whole herb dispensary housed by the Cholsey Complementary Health Centre.
- Gain hands-on experience in dispensing herbs
- Learn the basics of dispensary skills
- Learn herbs in a tactile way
- Take home free samples of the herbs you are studying
“It has been rewarding and challenging to use this medicine. Every patient is a teacher!”
Victoria Conran, JFA Graduate 2019